Heading

We've moved our blog to our new website at www.mpichurch.org | Check us out!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Why the New iPhone 5 and iPad 3 Will Not Change Wicker Park


I know as some of you are looking at the "sneak peak" picture of the iphone 5 you are starting to drool- I have to admit I kinda am too. I found this picture today as I was reminded of how slow and over stocked my iphone 4 is. Thus, I wondered when the new iphone 5 is coming out and what it will be like- what new things will it bring into my life.

This time I will actually get the 32g- the one bigger than the 16g because my music collection is getting too big. Plus, I will hopefully find more people to ichat with and not have to be on wifi to do it!

However, as I was considering all the cool "do-dittles" the new iphone 5 may have and all the cool apps that will go with it- I became aware of how little it will actually change for the good the community that I am falling madly in love with. So I thought I would make a short list of things the iphone 5 and ipad 3 wont change about Wicker Park. (Note: I just bought the ipad 2 and I really don't want to even talk about a possible ipad 3 in November- that just wouldn't be fair!)

1. Wicker Park Will Still Have Lonely People: Ya, I know the new phone and ipad could really help lots of people do social networking better- but lets face it- 99.99% of those people on facebook and the new google+ aren't real friends anyways. Sad thing is, many people feel alone in clubs, lounges, and cafes all the time. New techy things wont change that.

2. Wicker Park Will Still Have Broken Relationships: I am amazed at how so many young adults today repeat the same mistake over and over again. Isn't there a "Chinese proverb" about that? Really, I hear the same sad story all the time. A young woman says, "I really love this guy... he is so different than all the rest... and ya, were moving into together... I know its a bit rushed and I said I wouldn't move in with a guy so fast again like last time... but this is really different- we are so made for each other!"

Need I say more? We all know how it ends. Six to nine months later its a different story, the girl now says, "I am so hurt now... I wish I never let him convince me he was serious... I am so over guys right now... I am taking a break... and if I even think about a relationship with another guy like him- just slap me!" Of course, new phones don't fix broken hearts.

3. Wicker Park Will Still Need Jesus: I know it sounds "cliche," but its true. My generation- 20-30 somethings keep thinking that the new car, great house, fun job, and new toys will satisfy... but they never do. Simple answer to man's rat race for happiness- Jesus. Try a new life, being born again, you will never be the same! Yes, you can still have the phone too, but Jesus will do things an app can never do and you don't have to get a new one every year! See John 3

Take it or leave it, but you know its true- new techy toys wont change Wicker Park community for the good. Don't wait till the iphone 12 to find that out!

For more info on the iphone 5 and all the hype, check out this cool website- click here.


Metro Praise is launching a new campus in Wicker Park Tuesday Sept. 13th at 7pm. Located at the world famous Chopin Theatre on 1543 W. Division. For for information visit us at www.metropraise.org

1 comment:

Christopher J. Vitale said...

Receiving a new spirit is definitely better than receiving a new phone!