Heading

We've moved our blog to our new website at www.mpichurch.org | Check us out!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Why Start a Church in Wicker Park?


I thought I would share the reasons why we at Metro Praise are starting a new church in the Wicker Park community.

1. Wicker Park is Mostly Unchurched: Though I cannot get an exact number on this, however, from being out there for 6+ years on the streets it is obvious most do not go to church. So where do cable salesman try to sell cable... uhhh, "Where those who don't have cable!" Thus, Wicker Park is perfect for us!

2. Wicker Park is Full of Young Adults: Being 34 myself, I have always attracted younger people in my church. The average age in our Irving Park Campus is around 25-28. The average age in Wicker Park is 29. So the age is spot-on!

3. Wicker Park is Very Educated: I love learning! Having received a Master's in Religious Education from Liberty Baptist Seminary I am pumped to meet other college grads and discuss life's most important questions!

4. Wicker Park is Mostly Single: I love single people! Why? They have tons of free time, great hobbies, and motivation to make one's self better. I spent most of my life single, I didn't get married until I was 28. So I feel I can relate to all the single folks and help them find true love and start a family when the time is right. In the last six years I have averaged 2-3 weddings a year just from within the church! And all the single people said, "Heeeey!"

5. Wicker Park is Beautiful: Wicker Park is so "cool" with great architecture, diverse people, and tons of great activities! I just like hanging out in the parks and on the streets meeting people!

So there you have it, five reasons why we are going to Wicker Park. However, the best is the one not mentioned, but obvious to most, "Because God said, 'Go!'" However, to avoid sounding shallow or just "super-spiritual," I felt led to give the above reasons. At the same time, I believe God said for us to do it because He knew it would be a perfect fit for us!

Acts 16:9, "During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.”

Click here for exact demographics of Wicker Park!

Metro Praise is launching a new campus in Wicker Park Tuesday Sept. 13th at 7pm. Located at the world famous Chopin Theatre on 1543 W. Division. For for information visit us at www.metropraise.org

No comments: