Heading

We've moved our blog to our new website at www.mpichurch.org | Check us out!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easter Service Countdown- Day 12, "Crown of Thorns"

Day 12 - This is a blog leading up to Metro Praise's Easter Service April 24th, 2011. The purpose is to give a short Word to prepare people's hearts for the next season at Metro Praise and to help all grow closer to Jesus.

Today's Word: "Crown of Thorns"

I was in a pastor's office the other day and I saw a very real representation of the crown of thorns Jesus had placed on his head. I was taken back by the immense size of the thorns. Immediately I went over and placed them in my hands and felt there strength. I was in shock on how thick and sharp these thorns were. As I was looking at them the pastor shared, "Every time I look at this crown of thorns I am reminded of the great love God had for me."

I believe we can so often forget what Jesus did for us 2,000 years ago. We can get so busy trying to win our own "crowns" in life that we forget He was crowned with shame and rejection- so we could receive forgiveness and acceptance. I pray we never forget what He did for us. I pray I never forget what He did for me.

Here is the picture:


Oh, how he loves us!

Reading: John 19:1-3 & Isaiah 53:2-4.

Metro Praise Easter Service will be April 24th at 9am & 11am at 4323 W. Irving Park Rd, Chicago, IL. 60641

No comments: