Heading

We've moved our blog to our new website at www.mpichurch.org | Check us out!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Easter Service Countdown- Day 8, "I Trust You"


Day 8 - This is a blog leading up to Metro Praise's Easter Service April 24th, 2011. The purpose is to give a short Word to prepare people's hearts for the next season at Metro Praise and to help all grow closer to Jesus.

Today's Word: "I Trust You"

As Jesus was on the cross in imaginable pain and torment, many people in the crowd were shouting insults at Him and mocking Him. Matthew records in chapter 27 verses 42-43 what some hurled at Him , "He saved others,' they said, 'but he can’t save himself! He’s the king of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, ‘I am the Son of God."

They said, "He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him." This insult is at the heart of Satan's attacks on every believer when they face times of suffering, "If God is really with you, then let Him rescue you!" Satan's attacks can become personal to your situation. For example you may hear, "If God is with you, then let Him give you a new job! If God is with you, then why doesn't He heal you! If God is real, why doesn't He save your lost family?" When you hear these attacks remember, "The devil is a liar and the father lies (John 8:44)."

How did Jesus respond? Shockingly, Matthew 27:46 records, "About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”)." Did Jesus lose His faith? No! Jesus knew why He had come to earth. He had come to earth to be the sacrifice for the sins of the world. He knew the wrath of God for all sins was to be poured out on Him. And that specifically for Him, even the Father at a certain point would leave Him, because He cannot look on sin (Habakkuk 1:13).

However, this was not a surprise to Jesus, He knew from eternity past what it meant to be the "Lamb Slain," and yet He still choose to come on earth and suffer for mankind's sin (Revelation 13:8). Thus, the journey of the cross for Jesus was one of total trust, that even if the Father had to pour out His wrath on Jesus and forsake Him, Jesus trusted that God would still ultimately rescue Him!

There on the cross right before Jesus died, alone and having received the full wrath and punishment of God Almighty, he confidently said in a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (Luke 23:46)!" What Jesus was saying in our terms was, "Father, I do not see you nor sense you at this time, I know your full judgment and wrath are against me, but I still trust you. I commit all of who I am, to all of who You are!"

Jesus knew how to place His full trust in the Father's plan. I hope to inspire you by the faith of Jesus to trust in God no matter what you feel or see. Trust in God with all your heart, even if you think He may not be with- no matter what! Trust in God, trust that He is with you because he promised, "I will never leave you nor forsake (Hebrews 13:5)!" Thus, because of Jesus remaining faithful in the most difficult situation known to man, He now can promise to you that you will never be alone!

Can you trust God? Can you say no matter the situation, "I commit all of who I am to all of who you are." I pray you walk in full faith and trust in Jesus- He will never fail you!


Reading: Proverbs 3:5 & Luke 23.

Metro Praise Easter Service will be April 24th at 9am & 11am at 4323 W. Irving Park Rd, Chicago, IL. 60641

No comments: